- RSS Channel Showcase 2492122
- RSS Channel Showcase 6796949
- RSS Channel Showcase 8564067
- RSS Channel Showcase 9213651
Articles on this Page
- 12/06/18--10:36: _There’s No “Data St...
- 12/06/18--11:35: _Trends In Marketing...
- 12/07/18--10:50: _“Crap” Content Cont...
- 12/10/18--07:55: _IBM Goes All In On ...
- 12/10/18--08:48: _Coupa’s Acquisition...
- 12/10/18--12:27: _Help Rogue IT Go Le...
- 12/11/18--12:46: _Robotics Quotient —...
- 12/12/18--09:10: _Get Ready For Edge ...
- 12/12/18--11:06: _Farming Innovation ...
- 12/12/18--21:45: _Video Drives Online...
- 12/13/18--06:00: _Omnichannel And Per...
- 12/13/18--06:42: _A Simple Solution T...
- 12/13/18--07:06: _Four Types Of Edge ...
- 12/13/18--07:38: _Cybersecurity In In...
- 12/13/18--12:08: _When Design And Alg...
- 12/13/18--14:37: _GE Announces New In...
- 12/13/18--22:18: _TBT: The Top 10 Exe...
- 12/06/18--11:35: Trends In Marketing Measurement You Need To Follow In 2019
- 12/10/18--12:27: Help Rogue IT Go Legit With Citizen Development Platforms
- 12/12/18--09:10: Get Ready For Edge Computing’s Rise In 2019
- 12/12/18--11:06: Farming Innovation And Climate Change Adaptation
- 12/13/18--06:42: A Simple Solution To Machine-Learning Bias
- 12/13/18--07:06: Four Types Of Edge Matter To Your IoT Deployments
- 12/13/18--07:38: Cybersecurity In India: Reflections And Learnings From A Visitor
- 12/13/18--12:08: When Design And Algorithms Collide
- 12/13/18--14:37: GE Announces New Industrial IoT Software Business
- 12/13/18--22:18: TBT: The Top 10 Executive Responses From Hackers Versus Executives
Greetings from sunny but cold Orlando, where the inaugural Forrester Data Strategy & Insights Forum just wrapped up. During the event, I spent time with a seasoned data professional who joined me as a panelist in my session and who took advantage of the wealth of wisdom dispensed in keynotes and deep dives throughout the event. […]
Marketers are held to an ever-higher standard of accountability to ROI and business impact. But many marketers struggle to meet these expectations, hampered by long-established habits and lack of knowledge about new data- and analytics-enabled measurement approaches. In this short video, I take apart these misperceptions, describe trends that leading marketers have pioneered, and point […]
In 2013, Doug Kessler and the crew at Velocity Partners published “Crap: the single biggest threat to B2B content marketing” — a work of thought leadership genius that I still tell marketers to read today. In just 50 PowerPoint slides, Velocity Partners explains why the current deluge of marketing “content” won’t serve buyers and what you […]
IBM’s journey to rebalance its enterprise software portfolio around areas such as AI, hybrid cloud, and supply chain shifted into high gear with an agreement to sell a group of its collaboration and experience products to HCL Technologies for $1.8 billion, as announced on December 6. The products involved in the deal are: Notes, Domino, and Connections for collaboration, Appscan and BigFix in the security arena, plus several […]
Clients often ask me, when they are selecting an ePurchasing product such as eProcurement, whether they should choose the best product in that category or look for a vendor that also offers products in related categories such as contract lifecycle management (CLM) and supplier risk & performance (SRPM). My answer is that it’s a tradeoff, […]
Meet Ray. He’s the director of loan operations at a bank — and he’s running out of patience. It takes ages to process customer requests, find customer info, and decide on loans. His team is doing the best it can but is demoralized by poor customer reviews and lost deals. After asking central IT for help, […]
AI and automation have risen to the top of CIOs’ agendas, but most companies aren’t prepared to recognize the full value from their investments. While they’ve spent money on technology, they haven’t invested enough in fundamentals — the people, leadership, and organizational structures that will drive success. Learn how our RQ (Robotics Quotient) model helps clients […]
Every company needs edge computing on its technology road map starting in 2019. While many of you may see edge as exclusive to IoT, its value is much wider and will prove as critical to driving up customer experience as content delivery networks (CDN) were in the early days of the web . . . […]
Every company will face disruption from new market entrants and innovations that seek to solve some of the world’s most difficult issues. To get a sense for the potential impact of such innovation, a new Forrester report, “Disruptive Innovations Are Happening In Every Industry” by James Staten and Michele Pelino is a must-read for CIOs […]
Online video offers marketers and media firms an immersive and interactive form of communication with targeted user groups. Google is constantly refining its content acquisition and delivery tools to grow its YouTube revenue. Three Chinese digital giants — Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent (BAT) — are investing aggressively on their online video platforms, namely Baidu’s iQiyi, […]
With the holiday season in full flight, creating a memorable customer experience is more imperative now than ever. Watch the video below to learn how omnichannel and personalization tie together to generate a lasting impression for a consumer. Have questions on how you can better differentiate your brand through omnichannel and personalization? Schedule an inquiry to dive deeper.
Machine-learning models may occasionally suggest an undesirable action. The action might be either biased or unethical — or just bad for business. Most of the time, the suggestion won’t be wrong. How can developers protect against these bad outcomes? It’s Simple You don’t have to do what the model tells you to do. If someone told […]
The edge, and edge computing, figure prominently in a lot of internet of things (IoT) discussions right now. But where — and what — the edge is very quickly gets complicated. Telecom operators understand the edge of their network. Sellers of servers and gateways know what they’d like their customers to fill the edge with. Beneficiaries of […]
Last week, I had the immense pleasure of travelling to India for the first time. It quickly became one of my favourite trips of 2019. This is in spite of a punishing schedule where I toured Bangalore, Pune, Delhi and Mumbai and met with /presented to a couple of hundreds of our clients, vendors and […]
Algorithms are a new design material, affecting UX in the form of news feeds, recommendations, and propensity scores. Unfortunately, it’s not all going smoothly . . . Want to learn more? Please reach out with any questions; I’m always happy to discuss over inquiry.
With GE establishing a new stand-alone software business, we examine what it means for existing and potential customers of GE Digital and for GE. What we know: December 13th 2018 – GE announces the formation of a new industrial IoT software business with $1.2bn in revenue (based on GE Digital sales). The new IIoT company […]
Each year at our Privacy and Security events, we run a session called Hackers Versus Executives. In this session, we ask a hacker to cause mayhem and then stop at different points in the attack to ask executives what their responses are. This year we attacked applications including containerized and serverless applications. Two months ago […]