Articles on this Page
- 01/18/19--04:21: _The Watershed Of Di...
- 01/18/19--06:49: _Luxury Retail 2018:...
- 01/18/19--07:02: _Keep Experimenting ...
- 01/18/19--07:47: _A 21st-Century Refr...
- 01/18/19--08:44: _Gillette’s Path For...
- 01/18/19--09:56: _NRF 2019: It’s A Vi...
- 01/18/19--11:37: _The Future Of Enter...
- 01/18/19--12:22: _Netflix Has Become HBO
- 01/18/19--12:24: _Gillette’s Biggest ...
- 01/18/19--13:23: _My Top NRF 2019 Tak...
- 01/18/19--04:21: The Watershed Of Digital-First Consumer Behavior
- 01/18/19--06:49: Luxury Retail 2018: What A Difference A Year Can Make
- 01/18/19--08:44: Gillette’s Path Forward With “We Believe”: Own The Controversy
- 01/18/19--09:56: NRF 2019: It’s A Visionary Retail Revival
- 01/18/19--12:22: Netflix Has Become HBO
- 01/18/19--12:24: Gillette’s Biggest Mistake — And How To Fix It
- 01/18/19--13:23: My Top NRF 2019 Takeaways (AKA, News Vs. Nonsense)
Zoom back 10 or even five years ago, and consumers would tell Forrester, “Yes, I use digital channels, but more often than not, I discover, research, or purchase a product offline.” You saw that product on TV, or when looking at a supermarket shelf, or talking to a friend. And imagine buying a sofa online […]
Luxury brands have gone from relative inertia over digital strategies to a flurry of activity, including technology upgrades, partnerships, and even acquisitions. Back in the summer of 2017, we warned that luxury brands were out of time when it came to improving their digital customer experiences and internal operations. Digitally mature and savvy luxury consumers […]
Retailers are slowly moving beyond omnichannel fulfillment capabilities in stores to invest in digital store technologies that empower store associates, improve customers’ engagement, and enhance store operations. There is no single formula for great execution on digital store technologies and the varied performance of the retailers assessed shows that many are still figuring out what […]
Gold-Standard Products Get Updated For The 21st Century What’s old is new again. Corduroy, fanny packs, and overalls are all the rage. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Jumanji are at the top of the box office. Is it 1995 or 2018? Like so many of our favorite 90s products, sales performance management (SPM) solutions are […]
In Part 1 of this post, I criticized Gillette for its statement, “We weren’t trying to court controversy. We were just trying to upgrade the selling line that we’ve held for 30 years,” as lacking conviction in the values it claimed that the campaign represented. My first piece of advice was: If you aren’t authentic […]
NRF 2019 attracted more than 800 exhibitors that demonstrated to more than 37,000 attendees. If last year’s theme was (Alexa’s) voice, this year’s show was all about computer vision driving: Frictionless retail. Computer vision specialist Scandit, with clients such as Sephora and Louis Vuitton, showed that any retailer can offer a grab-and-go experience like Amazon […]
Computing has changed drastically over the past decade. In our report, “The Future Of Enterprise Computing,” we discuss these major changes and examine how computing will evolve in the next 5–10 years. In 2007, Forrester predicted that the device market would fragment beyond its traditional desktop and laptop confines. Not only did that prediction come […]
In a 2013 article in GQ, Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos laid out the then-nascent streaming company’s challenge: “The goal is to become HBO faster than HBO can become us.” In yesterday’s Q4 2018 earnings interview, CEO Reed Hastings, while not referencing Sarandos’ statement, laid out facts that showed Netflix has achieved — or even […]
This video gives a 2-minute summary of the biggest mistake Gillette has made with the “We Believe” campaign and what the brand can do now to fix it. If you want more comprehensive guidance on how to manage a crisis, read the report I wrote with my colleague, Emily Collins: “Brands Forget The Rules of Modern Marketing When Crisis […]
I say this as both an analyst and a recovering retail professional: NRF is like drinking Red Bull . . . from a 50′ beer bong . . . for three days straight . . . on Jupiter. You just know what’s coming, but there is almost no way to prepare for the deluge of […]